Eyeglass Frames and Lenses
In the past, eyeglasses weren’t something we got excited about, but with today’s styles, options and trends they are more popular than ever! Eyeglasses help you make a statement about who you are. When it comes to eyeglasses, there are more designs, brands, colors, shapes, tints, coatings and technologies involved now than ever before. To navigate through them all you need someone who knows your eyes, knows you, and knows the products. Choosing the right pair of eyeglasses isn’t just about the frame and how it looks on your face. Selection starts with your prescription, which guides your choice of lenses and the frame styles best suited to your lens types. Ultimately, your prescription will help you narrow down the options for you from our great selection of glasses available. Then of course, it’s about finding the right pair of glasses to match your style and your budget.
Most prescriptions are compatible with all frames, but complex or high index prescriptions can sometimes limit your style choice. This is why our professional opticians provide you with expert advice to match your prescription, face shape and frame. This means you’ll leave with the perfect pair of glasses for you. We always recommend coming to see us, where we can spend time finding your ideal pair.
Eyeglasses correct your vision, and also provide you with another way to express your own individual style and unique personality. With the right frames, you can enhance your appearance to look more creative, fun, sophisticated, sporty, or even intelligent!
Whether you want to update your look, eyeglasses, sunglasses, or just to see what’s new in frames, Apple Tree Optical invites you to visit us where our experienced Opticians look forward to assisting you in selecting your next pair of glasses. We offer an extensive inventory of eyewear for the family.
Here are a few of the Designer Lines we carry:
- Vera Wang
- Jimmy Choo
- Lafont Paris
- Alan J
- Zac Posen
- Marc Jacobs
- any many more…
- Single vision lenses have one single prescription across their entire surface and are suitable in all scenarios, whether you need your glasses for driving, working or reading. Apple Tree Optical offers the latest innovations in single vision lenses from Essilor . Essilor single vision lenses are tailor-made for your unique measurements. These individual lenses offer the widest fields of view, clear vision to the very edge of the lens, superb contrast and color definition as well as optional Anti-Reflective Coating on the lenses. In addition, individual lenses can be made to most prescriptions and are available with all lens enhancements – such as Thin & Light, Transitions or Tinted.
- Multifocal lenses are designed with bifocal elements– two or three distinct lens powers that accommodate for distance vision and near. These lenses have a visible line and work well in certain situations.
- Progressive lenses are characterized by a gradient of increasing lens power, added to the wearer’s correction for the other refractive errors. The gradient starts at the wearer’s distance prescription, at the top of the lens and reaches a maximum addition power, or the full reading addition, at the bottom of the lens. Progressive lenses are an attractive option for presbyopia because they eliminate the annoying “image jump” associated with bifocals/trifocals. With bifocals/trifocals the images you see move as your eyes pass the lens boundary between the distance and near parts of the lens. The technology behind progressive lenses offers a smooth transition between lens powers within the lens so you can alternate between distance to near with no image jump. These are also know as “no line” bifocals. We recommend Varilux series of progressive lenses including the top of the line Varilux X-Series.
- Anti-reflective coating improves the appearance of your eyeglasses and sharpens your vision through state-of-the-art vision technology. The curved surface of glasses lenses, along with the materials they are made from, cause reflections. In fact, you can lose around 10% of light through reflections on lenses. These reflections can be distracting and appear unattractive. An anti-reflective coating allows for clearer vision by reducing reflections, allowing 99.8% of the light through the lens and ensuring distractions to your vision are minimal. Your glasses’ appearance is also improved, as others can see your eyes rather than reflections of light. The advantages of anti-reflective coating on lenses include: less glare when driving in low light or with high-beams pointed in your face, and improved, clearer vision, more comfort and
extended computer use. By doing this, you can reduce the symptoms of eye strain that are commonly related with extensive screen use, or jobs that require intense
use of your near vision. Water-Repellent properties of some anti-reflective coatings keeps lenses cleaner longer. Our anti-reflection lenses include the latest
technological development – a super-hydrophobic coating, which can now make your lenses resistant to condensation, water-repellent and easier to clean. We
recommend Crizal Series of anti-reflective coatings.
- Scratch resistant coatings on your lenses provide protection from everyday accidental damage. The hard coating prolongs the life of the lens, while simultaneously providing clearer vision. No eyeglass lenses — not even glass lenses — are scratch-proof. However, lenses that are treated front and back with clear, scratch-resistant coatings have a much harder surface that is more resistant to scratching, whether from dropping your glasses on the floor or occasionally cleaning them with a paper towel. Kids’ lenses, especially, benefit from a scratch-resistant hard coat for greater durability. Since scratch-resistant coatings are sometimes optional, make sure your optician knows that you want your eyeglass lenses to include hard coating for extra durability. Keep in mind that even the best scratch-resistant coating can’t completely protect your lenses from wear and tear. To keep your glasses looking new, store them in a cushioned case when not in use, and clean your lenses with a microfiber cloth and the cleaning solution your optician recommends. Also, be wary of products that promise to repair scratched lenses. These products may fill in the scratches, but it is impossible for them to make the scratches disappear so the lenses look new again.
- UV Coatings are easily applied, but can save you from eye conditions that are not easily escaped. 1 out of 10 skin cancers occur on the eyelid. Damage to your retina and cornea along with serious conditions like macular degeneration, cataracts and sunburns of the eye can all be prevented with the proper tools. You can get ahead of these dangers by ensuring that you are doing all in your power to safeguard your eyes from the dangers of UV rays. Sunscreen is always advised, but you can also help shield yourself by choosing lenses that have UV coatings for added protection. Adding UV coatings to your glasses is simple, but have have far-reaching effects. Just as sunscreen keeps the sun’s UV rays from harming your skin, UV-protective treatments for eyeglass lenses block those same rays from damaging your eyes.